Besides their AdWords pay-per-click service, Google allows additional text to be inserted beside a pay-per-click (PPC) ad. Think of an ad extension as a way to visually improve your text ads with search engines. By using extensions in your ads, you are able to maximise your digital marketing budget which boosts your click-through rates. More clicks through to your website means higher traffic volumes and every marketer wants to boost their click-through rate.
With extensions added to your Google Ads search strategy, you can add special discounts and offers, additional links to your website and other information to draw in visitors to your site to increase your click-through rates.
Ahead of the pack
The great news is – there is no additional cost to use extensions in your Google Ads. And there’s more good news, by using extensions in your Google Ads if there are two competing ads with the same quality score and keywords, your ad with extensions will generally appear in a higher position with the search engines. To learn even more tips and tricks to get your digital marketing stagey in full swing complete a digital marketing course to stay ahead of the ‘ad’ pack.
Improving your pay-per-click conversion rates
A great way to improve and capitalise on your pay-per-click conversion rates is to use extensions in your Google Ads search strategy. You can boost your qualified clicks by attaching ad extensions to all of your AdWords campaigns.
Here are a few tips on how to increase your AdWords response rate and get that extra boost by taking up more space in the search engine display page:
- No extra charge – This is the best part about using extensions in your Google Ad search strategy. When click-throughs from your ad are received you are charged the same amount as if they would have come from clicking on your headline. You gain more valuable clicks by using this feature.
- Increased visibility – There is no doubt that by using extensions in your ads you are increasing your online visibility and allowing searchers to instantly learn more about your business, service or product.
- Improved click-through rates – By providing additional information, extensions allow searchers to interact with your ad by going to the page they’re looking for straight away.
- Better user experience – Marketers always strive to give their online audience a better experience with their digital marketing, and this is certainly one way to improve their online experience. With the use of extensions, you are already automatically giving the searcher more information about your business.
- More accurate information – Using extensions gives more accurate information such as location and what to expect when clicking on your ad.
Choosing extension types
It’s key to use different types of extensions in your Google Ads search strategy as different types perform better with different devices, such as desktop versus mobile, which includes tablets and smartphones. It’s best to get a thorough understanding of the extension that’s best suited to certain devices to help you get the most of incorporating extensions in your Google Ads.
- Mobile (smartphones and tablets) ad extensions– location, call and app extensions are best suited for mobile ads.
- Desktop ad extensions – social interactions, reviews and
site linksare best for desktop extensions.
There’s more to Google Ads
The ‘keyword auction process’ is so important to run a successful Google AdWords campaign so it’s a great idea to delve deeper into this subject to learn how to get the most out of your digital marketing efforts because advertising on Google is not as easy as it seems.
Basically, part of the keyword auction process is to outbid your competing advertisers. But it’s not as simple as just placing a higher bid amount. Google cares a lot about your ad’s relevance and quality too.
By using extensions in your Google Ads you are able to:
- Link additional pages in your site
- Display a map of your location
- List a click-to-call phone number
- Display product images
- Connect +1s from Google Plus page
As with all digital marketing