Nowadays, having a logo is a must – regardless of your line of business. Using it in your business card is not enough. Social media is where you have to be. A good marketing plan means outstanding online presence.
Potential clients will look for your logo to confirm that a webpage corresponds to your company. So not only must your logo be attractive it must also be visible straight away. An effective logo will stick in your mind, and you want people to associate the image to the brand.
If you don’t currently have a logo for your business then it’s time to get on that. Designing a logo is so easy nowadays. And there are lots of different ways to have one made:
Go for a Logo Maker – these are online logo design websites that create logos using AI you don’t need any design skill just enter your business name and they do the rest on autopilot. Logo Makers are a fantastic option
Use Logo Design Software – if you want to be more hands on and design your own logo then a logo design software is the way to go. These programs are designed to be easy to use they have intuitive interfaces, so you don’t need to be a graphic designer to use them.
Try a Logo Design Contest – this is the more expensive option of the three, but probably the best. With a logo design
Now that you have a logo it’s time to use it across all your social profiles:
Read on to learn how to –successfully– use your logo on social media and get some tips! Each platform has its own requirements, so let’s take a look:
In the profile page for business, your logo will be just above the user name.
- Consider the recommended size of 400 x 400 pixels.
- Sign in & click on your name to go to your profile.
- On the right-hand side, go to Edit Profile.
- Browse for the logo. Don’t worry about using a thumbnail, Twitter will resize it.
- Click on Upload & then on Save Changes.
In the business page, your logo will appear on the left side of the header image.
- Bear in mind that the logo should be at least 400 pixels wide x 150 pixels tall. It will change size depending on the device: 820 x 312 on PC, 640 x 360 on smartphones.
- In the business page, click on the camera icon on the lower right-hand corner.
- The options “Choose from Photos”, “Take Photo” & “Upload Photo” will appear. If your logo is already uploaded on Facebook, select “Choose from Photos.” If not, select “Upload Photo” to go to the location where you saved your logo.
- Double click on the logo. A “Create Profile Picture” window will open. Drag the logo to the desired position. You can also edit the picture.
- Click on Save.
Note: The logo will be in a square shape but it will appear in a circle in the newsfeed.
Your business logo will appear on the left side of a rectangular box over a background image.
- Use the recommended size of 300 x 300 pixels.
- Click on Edit Profile & then on your profile logo image.
- Select Upload Photo.
- Choose your logo file & click on Save Changes.
The logo will appear almost in the middle but on the left side.
- Choose the optimal size: 110 x 110 pixels. Note there is a maximum resolution: 180 x 180 pixels
- This platform is different. Change your logo on your smartphone.
You cannot upload PNG files on Instagram from the desktop. To save the image on your mobile, email it to yourself.
- On your phone, sign in & click on the person icon to go to your profile.
- Click on Edit Profile & select Change Profile Photo.
- Choose from “New Profile Photo” or “Import from Facebook”.
- Click on Done after selecting the logo.
The logo will be shown almost in the middle.
- Select the recommended size of 800 x 800 pixels.
- Sign in & click on My Channel.
- Click on Edit & select the logo.
- Click on Save.
The logo will be placed in the middle in a circle.
- Use the recommended size of 165 x 165 pixels.
- Sign in & click the bolt on your profile page.
- Scroll down to your profile section.
- Click on Change Picture to select your logo.
- Click on Save Settings.
That’s it! But before you upload your logo, here are some tips worth remembering:
- Use PNG files. They can be easily resized & the image does not blur.
- Test the logo across devices. Some people use smartphones, others tablets.
- It’s always best to use a text-free logo. It has more impact on viewers.
- If you choose to use a logo with the company name, upload it as a cover photo.
- Keep brand consistency. Always use the same version of the logo across all platforms.
Some companies, however, choose not to use the same logo across all platforms.
They use strategies ranging from using aesthetically pleasing symbols to recycling their logo with a twist, to using badge-style logos with initials only.
Whatever option you choose, you can now upload your logo to social media in no time. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!