With digital technology, businesses have upgraded marketing efforts, from traditional TV, radio, newspaper, and billboard ads to digital marketing strategies. It can be overwhelming and confusing to choose the right digital marketing campaign for your business.
Regardless of what strategy you want to implement, it’s crucial to know how to make digital marketing effective for your business.
Step one: Know your needs
Don’t waste your time creating marketing strategies without clear goals. How can you set short-term and long-term goals for your next digital marketing strategy? Well, it starts with identifying your business needs. Once you have determined your needs, you’ll be able to formulate targeted and effective digital marketing strategies for your business.
Here are some tips and tricks to know your sales and marketing needs:
- Gather your employees and board members to collaborate and identify marketing areas that need improvement and focus on them. Ask your team about the things you need to “stop doing,” “start doing,” and “continue doing.”
- Review your sales and marketing reports for the past six to twelve months. Check the peak and lowest times of your business in terms of sale. Analyze the time interval between the launching and end date of your digital marketing campaigns, and the wait time before you gained the results. By doing so, you’ll have a better idea of what direction your business is heading.
- If you have problems determining the best digital marketing strategy for your business, a digital marketing agency can help.
Step two: Set clear goals
To make digital marketing effective for your business, you have to set clear business goals. Before you can set your goals and implement a digital marketing strategy, make sure to have a clear understanding of your brand, product, services, and customer demographics.
When creating your goals, they should be specific (targeted), measurable (can be tested), attainable (possible to meet given a limited time frame), realistic, and time-bound (with start and end date). For example, you can set a short term goal that says, “By December 31, 2019, there will be a total of at least 1000 newsletter subscriptions and leads as a result of email marketing (launch date: October 1, 2019).”
Here are the most common goals associated with various digital marketing strategies:
- Increase site traffic or the number of website visitors through SEO marketing, search engine marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
- Increase conversion rate through SEO marketing, affiliate marketing, and social media marketing. Learn how to boost your conversion through this video:
- Gain quality leads through social media marketing, email marketing, and content marketing.
- Boost sales with paid advertising, like pay-per-click (PPC).
Step three: Know the best digital marketing strategies for your business
Not all digital marketing strategies are applicable to all businesses. The right digital marketing you need will highly depend on the nature of your business, your business niche, target customers, and desired results.
For instance, if you want to find partners or investors, email marketing and lead generation are suitable to achieve this goal. You can use social media platforms to draw more “influencers” or significant people who can influence the masses to avail your products and services.
Here are the most commonly used digital marketing strategies for businesses:
- Search engine optimization (SEO): Keyword research, link building, and content creation are the core tasks of this digital marketing strategy. SEO marketing is applicable for all types of businesses, whether you have an online store, a physical store locally or with different branches, a big company, or even a corporation.
- Email Marketing: This digital marketing strategy is applicable for businesses offering services, such as dental clinics, law firms, plumbing companies, contractors, tree removal services, web design, or advertising services. With email marketing, it’s easier to find new prospects and communicate with new and loyal customers.
- Social Media Marketing: If you sell actual products, like clothes, shoes, cosmetics, and health and wellness products, social media is the best place to go. Use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and other social media channels to your advantage.
- Content Marketing: Businesses with a blog section tend to generate organic traffic or attracting more people to visit a website without paying ads. For the best results, content marketing goes hand in hand with SEO
Step four: Measure and analyse results
Don’t forget to track the results of your digital marketing efforts. You can use Google Analytics and other similar tools to know your important metrics, like your traffic, conversion rate, click-through rate, and search engine ranking.
Creating effective digital marketing strategies for your business involves identifying your business needs and setting clear business goals. Also, you have to know the best combination of digital marketing techniques to align with your business needs and goals. Finally, don’t miss measuring and studying the results of your digital marketing campaigns.