The UK FinTech sector is booming. It’s one sector that continues to surprise while demonstrating relentless growth and edge-of-your-seat innovation. The UK has become one of the world’s top fintech hub, attracting more than £4.5bn in investment over the last three years. FinTech or Financial Technology startups use modern tech to provide financial services, and currently, a lot of them compete directly with banks. Let’s take a look at 20 of the most promising and fastest-growing FinTech startups in the UK.
1. Thought Machine is building technology to revolutionise the way people bank.
2. Revolut helps manage your money better, anywhere in the world.
3. OakNorth Bank provides business and property loans.
4. Monzo is a digital, mobile-only bank.
5. LendInvest is a non-banking mortgage lender.
6. WorldRemit is an international online money transfer service.
7. ClearBank offers banking services to financial service providers.
8. Suade is building an open platform for financial regulation.
9. Atom Bank provides banking services through a smartphone app.
10. SumUp is a mobile payments company.
11. Omnio Group provides cloud-based banking and payment services.
12. Tide is an SME challenger bank designed for small businesses and freelancers.
13. Form3 is a cloud-based, end-to-end, secure platform for global payments processing.
14. Jaja Card is a digital credit card.
15. Starling Bank offers current accounts, business banking, and a payments service scheme for merchants.
16. Habito is a digital mortgage broker, using technology to bring the mortgage-application process into the 21st century.
17. Capital.com is an AI-powered app that enables traders to make smart decisions across popular stocks, indices and commodities.
18. Quantexa is a big data analytics company, driving actionable intelligence in the fight against financial crime and customer insight.
19. Chetwood uses technology to make people better off, through the design and manufacture of digital products across financial services.
20. Bud is a platform used by global banks to harness the power of open banking and to create value for their customers.