Having a great website is fantastic but if nobody is seeing it, then it is defeating the object of its purpose. A website tells people who you are and what you do. It also may use infographics, graphic design and video to enhance it and show the viewer more about what you do. You should look into professional seo services and see how they can benefit your business in a positive way. Some quick tips to start implementing your own SEO before you take it to the experts is to look at the following:
- Know your keywords. Most websites get traffic through search engines like Google, and other search engines so using these keywords or buzzwords can be the best option. This will help with marketing.
- Buy your own domain – this is going to be something you have already if you have used a company to build a website but many companies run off Blogger or WordPress and that’s fine but with your own domain (website name) then you will be able to have a little more control over it.
- Add keywords to images – these are things such as ALT tags which will be added to images and they will be more likely to show up on Google image searches and make it more user friendly for anyone else.
- Start blogging – adding a blog section to your website can be a great way to showcase what you do.
- Create unique content – what do people want and how can you go about creating this in a fun and creative way? That is your main goal.
- Use ‘good’ links – this is vital because you need to use links to build up your SEO but this part is best left to the professionals!
If your website has never shown up in Google then that flags up an issue that needs to be looked at. This is most likely because your website is new and doesn’t have any inbound links. So give it time and then wait, if it still doesn’t show much up then be sure to great an account on Google and also mention this to any marketing teams. When you register and point Google to your sitemap. xml URL you can request them to re-crawl your URLs, so you are being seen, always.
You can pay to be on the first page of Google but this is not always the best way to go about doing things as Google Ad websites show that they are being promoted so it could diminish your credibility. However, Google ads can help in certain areas. You are better off getting your website to rank naturally without having to pay for ads.
Organic growth is the best growth, for sure. Your website deserves good SEO if you have put the energy in and only time will tell how it will affect your business and if it is likely to bring it to fruition, but on the whole, it is going to be a benefit. Start today for tomorrow, it’s your call!