Changes in business in recent months might have a negative impact on your business. Remote work and decline of customer acquisition opportunities could make your business much more difficult. Check how to find yourself in a new situation and learn new ways about getting customers.
Best practices for work-from-home environment
If your agency has moved to the remote work model, new hindrances are waiting for you. You don’t have live contact with employees on a daily basis which may extend worktime on specific projects.
Here are some tips for managing your work while working from home:
- Use note-taking and project management programs. Thanks to Google Sheets or Asana, you can effectively divide projects into tasks and assign tasks to specific days. This way you will know precisely what tasks await you on a current day.
- Stay in touch with colleagues. Even if you work from home, it is worth keeping in touch with people at work. Schedule a call every week or two. Thanks to that, you will know what is happening with your clients and how the company is going.
- Be transparent about your work. Inform colleagues at what stage of work you are at, what needs to be done, and how much time specific tasks take. It’s normal to be less efficient in home than in the office. Honest team communication is important in order to plan all assignments effectively.
Don’t be afraid of working with outsourcing companies
If you happen to have more work to do and not enough people to execute all assignments, you need check your priorities. Sometimes it is necessary to give up certain tasks or look for an extra pair of hands. However, hiring new employees during a pandemic may not be the safest solution.
Cooperation with an external company comes in handy. For example, if you are specializing in marketing, WordPress development agency may be useful. Due to that you can provide full service to your customers. Moreover, by delegating tasks to other companies, and your employees can focus on the most important tasks.
Focus on online marketing
Live meetings with customers, product presentations at trade fairs, live conferences – the best point of sales are on hold. You need other ways to attract customers. The best solution for getting sales during COVID-19 pandemic is online marketing. Think about your actions before your competition does that. You have a wide choice:
- Improve your website, start SEO actions – this will make you appear in Google’s organic search results, which will get a useful traffic for your website.
- Prepare resources for content marketing – guides, blog articles, infographics and video materials. Thanks to them, you will be seen as a specialist in your field.
- Organize webinars and online courses. It is the best alternative for live showcases.
- Check out the competition, update your offer – and let your customers know about it!
- Invest in advertising campaigns on the Google network and on the social media platforms. Here you can select precise target groups that are in a need of your products.
Despite the recent changes in business and economy, your company doesn’t have to suffer. Efficient project management, searching for new clients and constant online marketing activities will allow you for a painless survival in these difficult times.