A Human Resource Information System (HRIS) is an integrated software solution that provides core human resources functions. It helps track, measure, and automate employee tasks to streamline operations. The centralized database ties payroll, benefits, and other employee data to the correct employees. HRIS programs are SaaS solutions that securely store accurate workforce information in one place.
What are the benefits of HRIS?
The healthcare sector is one of the fastest-growing, which means HR departments need an efficient management system to manage employees and job candidates. HR professionals are tasked with hiring the right employees who have the skills, experience, and bedside manner to deliver exceptional patient care.
An effective HRIS solution keeps all employee information organized in one place, freeing up the time spent by HR professionals completing tedious paperwork and other tasks. The HR tool ensures regulatory compliance and helps HR staff efficiently access employee data. New hires will notice the efficiency of the hiring process offered by a quality HRIS system, and current employees will have better management over their timecards and requests.
Arcoro offers a cloud HRIS that supports and improves your recruiting and HR processes. Their software solution manages employee information, stores company documents, integrates with payroll software, handles performance management, logs formal disciplinary actions, and tracks completed training.
How HRIS meets the challenges of the healthcare industry
The healthcare industry is challenged with providing better quality patient care delivered by qualified healthcare professionals. There are several challenges that HR departments in healthcare must overcome.
- Improve communication among employees: Employees can communicate with each other remotely with HRIS software. Internal group chats with live feeds and notifications keep your employees current on all developments.
- Facilitate learning and development programs: The best way to provide excellent patient care is to provide healthcare professionals continuous learning and development opportunities. HR software features a Learning Management System that allows HR departments to create multiple courses for different departments at once.
- Compliance issues are no more: HRIS ensures all sensitive patient and employee data is compliant with current regulations.
- Better manage employee shifts: The right HR tool makes it easy to manage different employee shifts and changing schedules.
- Help improve employee performance: Performance management functions allow you to give performance feedback, continuously review performance, match skill sets, and improve employee performance.
- Create a great employee experience: Improving the employee experience is essential to decreasing the employee turnover rate. HRIS empowers employees to take charge of their performance and manage their needs.
Healthcare providers follow many different career paths and practice a range of specialty areas. It’s a good idea to pursue a higher education program if you hope to take your profession to the next level. For example, Wilkes University offers online graduate degree programs for working Registered Nurses (RN). Their Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner degree program facilitates health promotion, protection, and disease prevention. Students will gain the skills and knowledge to provide care for acute and chronic illnesses.
The graduate degree offers three Nurse Practitioner (NP) concentrations. The Associate Degree in Nursing to Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) requires an associate degree in nursing. The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) to Nurse Practitioner requires a bachelor’s degree in nursing. The Post-graduate/Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN) Certificate requires a Master/Doctoral in Nursing or a B.S. in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice.
Students will be prepared to take the national board certification exam for their chosen NP specialty upon completing all courses and clinical hours. Pursuing a graduate education increases your earning potential, teaches you the latest practices and techniques, and helps you find ways to improve how you deliver patient care.
Keeping up with the hiring demands of the healthcare industry is best done with the help of a human resource management system. The more efficiently HR departments handle HR processes, the more free time they will have to focus on more important tasks that encourage improved patient care.