In today’s age and time, no online store can survive without integrating ecommerce marketing strategies. You might have set up your ecommerce store, but until you have a digital marketing strategy to promote it, you won’t be able to make it a success. Digital marketing drives traffic to your website or store and helps you increase the number of conversions.
You need to provide relevant, accurate, and timely information about your ecommerce business to your customers. This is because 62% of B2B buyers rely on online content to make their buying decisions. Therefore, your strategy should ensure that your product/service gets seen before your competitors.
Here are 5 of the best ecommerce marketing strategies that will help you drive conversion in 2022.
Many novice marketers tend to believe that email marketing is a thing of the past. However, studies have proven that it provides the best ROI. Every $1 spent on email marketing generates $44.
You can find some excellent email marketing software that can automate your email marketing campaign. However, if you don’t have a proper strategy for your campaign, it can be fated for failure. Here are a few of the best email marketing practices to yield maximum ROI.
- Personalization: Sending a plain “Hey, there” email doesn’t intrigue customers anymore. Personalize your emails and send them to a segmented audience to get the best results
- Segmentation: None of your customers are the same. Each one of them has unique interests. So segment your audience and send them emails according to their interests
- Upsell campaigns: Using the analysis of your sales, figure the previous purchase of your customer and send them related or supplementary products based on it
- Predictive-buy campaigns: You can use predictive analysis and send the products your customer might be interested in buying in the future
- Reactivation campaigns: Try to win over your lost customers by sending reactivation campaigns. Send an offer they won’t be able to deny
- Add CTA: One thing that you can never forget is adding a clear CTA that the recipient can spot instantly
Identify Buying Patterns
To figure out your valuable customers’ personas, you need to map out their purchasing patterns. Look for answers to the following questions:
- What is the average buying cycle of your company?
- Around what time do your customers plan their budget?
- How much time does it take for your customers to make a buying decision compared to your competitors?
- How long does it take for your products to be shipped and delivered to your end customers?
- Are you getting positive reviews?
There isn’t one correct answer to these questions. Instead, you need to figure what works for your brand and plan your digital strategy accordingly.
Tackle Shopping Cart Abandonment
Baymard Institute‘s study suggests that, on average, 69.57% of carts get abandoned on ecommerce websites. If that’s happening on your ecommerce store, too, it indicates some things need to change.
Your customer could have abandoned the cart for the most random reason. However, the most common reasons are:
- Wrong timings
- Higher prices than competitors
- Unresponsive website
- Unexpected taxes
- High shipping cost
- Trouble finding the order
- Complex buying process
Figure out if one of these issues is making your customers abandon carts, then try to tackle it. For example, offer free shipping at a specific amount, loyalty programs, discount emails, etc.
Leverage Account-Based Marketing (ABM)
Account-Based Marketing can help you seek prospective opportunities with your valuable accounts. It’s a long-term strategy that assimilates many marketing activities and optimization. This strategy is more beneficial for B2B e-commerce.
You can focus on the buying experience and personalized efforts, feedback analysis with Account-Based Marketing. All of this will eventually add up to conversion, customer acquisition, and retention.
Emphasize your key accounts, eliminate bottlenecks, and implement the enhancements that will help grow your campaign’s market. Provide them an omnichannel experience that they only come to you whenever they need to purchase the product. You can make all of this possible with proactive marketing and continuous optimization of your ecommerce store.
Invest in Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization contributes significantly to building a product’s market. Hence, your digital marketing strategy is incomplete without SEO. To get on the first page of SERP, you need to ensure that visitors land on your website. For that, you need to make your website worthy of all the attention.
This goes without saying that the website that ranks at the top gets the most attention. Conversely, websites that appear on the second page of the search results usually go by unnoticed.
So, invest in the SEO of your website by enriching your product pages with appropriate keywords. Then, when users search for a similar product, they will come across your product in the search results.
If you believe that product demand and business model alone help you drive conversions n 2022, you’re mistaken. To increase your sales numbers, you need to develop proper ecommerce marketing strategies for your ecommerce store. So, if you want to see a drastic rise in your revenue, you will have to establish an effective marketing strategy.
Align your advertising department, sales team, and content professionals with the customer sales funnel to achieve the desired results. Follow these strategies and become a market leader!