Did you know that Instagram has over one billion monthly active users? This social network has users of all ages, interests, locations, and demographics. It doesn’t matter who your target customer is. You should be able to find them on Instagram.
But just because Instagram has billions of users doesn’t mean you should open an account and leave it to do the marketing for you. Actively search for your target audience and post content to show them why they should choose you. This post will provide three tips for running a successful Instagram business account.
1. Post High-Quality Content
Instagram is a visual-driven platform, meaning that users expect to see visuals on your profile. If they visit your page and find it empty, they won’t have a reason to come back. You need to keep your audience engaged by posting regularly. While at it, ensure you post attention-grabbing content.
The key to attracting users to your page is by having great videos and photos. You don’t necessarily need to hire a photographer, but you need to curate your creatives to ensure they appear in the best light.
Start by cropping your images to achieve the best specifications. You can use free tools such as Adobe Express to crop photo online and then adjust color saturation, and contrast, among other things. Lastly, draft a compelling caption that tells the story of the creative in your post.
2. Set up a Great Instagram Profile
Your bio will often be the first-place users check when visiting your profile. Let it do the talking for you. Use your bio to tell customers all they need to know about your business.
Start by adding a profile picture, which, in most cases, will be your business logo. Write a concise description of your business, and don’t forget to add your contact information. Finally, include a call-to-action that leads customers to where you’d want them to go next, for example, to your website.
3. Create an Instagram Marketing Strategy
It wouldn’t be a good idea to post aimlessly without a strategy. The content you post should help you achieve your business goals. Create an Instagram marketing strategy to guide you on how often you should post, when and what to post, and whether to run ads or not.
For example, you may decide that 80% of your content will be for entertainment or education and the remaining 20% for marketing your products and services. You should also post your content at the right time to ensure you get maximum Instagram engagement. Take time to understand your target audience and learn about their Instagram surfing habit.
Your journey to using Instagram for business starts with setting up a captivating Instagram bio. Let it market your business for you. Afterwards, create an Instagram marketing strategy and use it to make your content calendar.
It’s also important to post high-quality content and track the performance of your posts to assess whether they are giving you the desired results.