Whoever decides to start a company right now, especially if this one is bound to operate inside the so-called digital economy, must be aware that today the competition is way fiercer than only a few years ago. The problem, if we want to call it that, is that launching a startup, today, is apparently much easier than before: all it takes is enough funding to open a company and ensure its life for at least a few months, and a project, an idea, a vision of its development through the upcoming years.
This apparently easy access to the global market creates the illusion that a company is competitive by default. An illusion that is bound to be crashed down in just a few months, if the company owners and manager aren’t able to cope with the extreme competition of their area.
Because, and this is the most significant truth that any business’ owner – especially the so-called “freshmen” – should learn in the shortest possible time, every sector has a qualified competition, the pursuit of excellence is everywhere, and those who are left behind are destined to be erased from the market’s horizon.
To avoid that, there are a few strategies that could be put in place: everything starts from data collection, but the process is way more complex.
Why the global market is so hard to conquer
It may sound like an idle question, but indeed it’s the core of the whole problem. If a business operator wants to be competitive on a global scale, he/she must be conscious that he/she must be unique. Being renowned on his/her local environment most assuredly won’t be enough to face such a challenge.
On the other hand, this is one of the consequences of the global market.
The free circulation of goods and services all over the world has caused the vanishing of the conjunction ring between local and global. Growing up progressively from our homeland to the global market is not an option anymore. If someone decides to compete on a world scale, he/she has to “think global” and make plans according to this specific mindset, from the very beginning.
The side effects of glocal market
This status quo has been named – around thirty years ago – glocal market, in order to emphasize the distinct separation by these two orders of magnitude of the worlds of commerce and industry, and the progressive marginalization of a national dimension. It’s hard to overcome a local allocation if a company is not designed from its creation to attack the global market. The question is: what to do to “design” a company in a way that is suited at the outset for an international launch?
The secret to give a company an international dimension is basically working on its reputation. And a company’s reputation is made for its (at least) 90% with the customer’s experience. This is the factor that makes a company able to overcome its national borders.
How to increase a brand’s reputation, especially on the digital market? The biggest companies place a huge part of their funds in creating specific business areas aimed to reach this goal. For the other ones, the best solution is to rely in qualified B2B companies whose mission is precisely to optimize a company’s resources in terms of self-promotion and to make its brand immediately recognizable and referable to a pleasant purchase experience.
For example, a company like Hello Pareto helps you find the best way to put your company’s name on top of its business sector. How they do that? Basically, they manage to reach the following goals.
- Data collection. As we said at the beginning, this is the essential starting point. Collecting big amounts of data regarding a company’s sales and the customers’ identity – if possible – and behavior (for example when they buy online), means having a large amount of information about their habits, needs and desires.
- Data analysis. An in-depth analysis of all the information gathered allows a company to redirect its business in order to fulfill the clients’ expectations and maximize the profits.
- Brand awareness. How to increase this fundamental parameter? The best solution is to rely on careful selected web influencers: their ability to persuade their followers will automatically generate a benefit for the brand.
- Partnership research. You can also call it fundraising, organized according to an extremely thorough strategy. Potential investors are detected by exploring the main social online platforms, like LinkedIn, Crunchbase and AngelList.
- Automation process. All the repetitive processes and actions will be managed by a computer and a dedicated software. This way, the human component of a company could focus on the creative part of the job.