Lean Marketing Tips For Startups

Lean Marketing Tips For Startups


If you starting a startup, you either seek venture funds or bootstrap. If you bootstrapped, you will focus on lean marketing strategies. If you have venture or angel funds, you will have funds to build your company. BUT your investor will require that you spend with care. If you’re on a budget, that can be tough. Here are some tips you can consider.

  1. The Product is the marketing
  2. Blog Beforehand
  3. Describe in very simple terms what you
  4. Start with education marketing, its powerful. Educate your target market through articles
  5. Focusing obsessively on one niche, one feature and one market is almost always a better idea than trying to satisfy everyone. Seth Godin
  6. Give away unusual freebies: with your logo.
  7. Write comprehensive educational white papers or useful ebooks and distribute them on different sites for free.
  8. Tell your story: A lot of startups have benefited from the stories of their founders.
  9. PPC (Pay-Per-Click) can be effective, but will not protect you. Dharmesh Shah
  10. Get spectacularly good at search engine optimization (SEO). Dharmesh Shah
  11. Your Customers Should Be Selling.
  12. Get Out there and Participate .
  13. A non-biased, comprehensive set of FAQ’s can cut down your customer service budget and increase your product awareness if the page is well optimised.
  14. Make yourself available to answer user questions .
  15. Where are your competitors spending their marketing budgets? Does this present any strategic opportunities?.
  16. 10% influence the purchasing behavior of the other 90%.Malcolm Gladwell
  17. Give customers a voice. Sean O’Malley
  18. Something remarkable is worth talking about. Worth noticing. Exceptional. New. Interesting. It’s a Purple Cow. Boring stuff is invisible. It’s a brown cow. Seth Godin
  19. Our belief is that marketing and product have converged. The consumer doesn’t separate the marketing experience from the product experience. Ajaz Ahmed Founder & Chairman AQKA
  20. And Finally never lose your enthusiasm and passion.

2 Comments

Add yours

Leave a Reply