Socialcam intends to be the easiest way to share videos with friends. It makes sharing video from your phone as simple as uploading photos to Facebook. With a few clicks, you’re able to record, tag, and share videos as well as browse, like, and comment on your friends’ videos.
Launched at the start of March, the Socialcam’s free app sailed past 200,000 downloads in a couple of weeks, with claims that it does for video what apps like Instagram and Picplz do for photos.
Justin.tv CEO Michael Seibel has explained that “We want to replace the camera app on the phone,” he says. “That’s our goal: to be used by almost everyone who’s got a smartphone to store all of their media, and distribute that media wherever they like.”
- Unlimited video length and storage
- Upload video while you are recording for fastest possible upload
- Record video offline and it uploads later when you have Internet
- Tag your friends in videos
- Instant notification when you are tagged in a video
- Browse, like, and comment on your friends’ videos
- Share videos with Facebook, Twitter, Email and SMS