- Drippler Helps You Discover Something Awesome for your iPhone Every Day
- Firespotter Labs Launches With $3 Million In Funding From Google Ventures
- Facebook And Google Improves Social Search In The Same Week
- Red Herring Series:Top 100 Technology Companies In Europe, Pt 1
- ‘Square’ Mobile Credit Card Reader Hits The Appstore
Yesterday Google officially launched the Android Developer Challenge for sub-Saharan Africa.
The Android Developer Challenge is designed to encourage the creation of cool and innovative Android mobile apps built by developers in Sub-Saharan Africa. Invent apps that delight users and you stand a chance to win an Android phone and $25,000 USD.
To get started, choose from one of three defined eligible categories, build an Android app in a team or by yourself, and submit it via the competition website by July 1st. The winning app will be announced on September 12th at G-Kenya. Get more details as well as Terms and Conditions on our here.
Categories for Entry:
- Entertainment / Media / Games
- Social Networking / Communication
- Productivity / Tools / Lifestyle
- April 14th: Competition opens
- June 1st: Submissions open.
- July 1st: First round submissions are due at 11:59 PM GMT.
- July 15th: Finalist applications announced.
- August 30th: Finalist applications are due at 11:59 PM GMT.
- September 12th: Winners are announced.