- Photovine (Google’s Photo Sharing App) is Now OPEN To You
- Zynga Launches Its First Social Combat Strategy Game, Empires & Allies
- [Affect] 10 Social Media Predictions for 2012
- LinkedIn Launches LinkedIn Today To Deliver Trending News Relevant To Your Industry
- 5 Best iPhone Jailbreak Apps for Your Device
JiWire, a San Francisco location-based mobile advertising company has raised $20 million in new funding led by Trident Capital with Comcast Interactive Capital, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Panorama Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners also participated in the financing. With the current funding, JiWire’s total capital raised to date is $45 million.
The 8-year-old company offers location-based advertising to mobile device users, targeted to their location. ABI Research has estimated the market for such advertising could approach $1.8 billion annually by 2015. has raised another $20 million in venture funding led by Trident Capital.
The company has partnered with a number of companies to connect these brands with its massive consumer reach. For example, JiWire announced a deal with Groupon to offer location-based deals at a hyperlocal level. Other brands using JiWire include Hewlett-Packard, Ritz Camera and Clinique.
JiWire officials said they now reach more than 40 million users per month. The company last year expanded into the U.K. market via a partnership with British Telecom.