- Pixel Qi, a developer of LCD panels which can be read in sunlight, scored funding from the venture capital arm of 3M. Size of the funding round was not disclosed.
- Jildy raised $650,000 in a new funding round, according to a regulatory filing from the firm.
- Getaround, a car sharing service which competes with Zipcar, raised $3.4M in a seed funding round. The funding came from CrunchFund.
- Blumberg Capital led an investment in an Israeli social marketing startup, Fanzila. According to Fanzila, it raised $1M in a Series A round led by Blumberg Capital.
- Xignite, a provider of financial data such as stock prices, commodity prices, and other financial information, scored $10M in a Series B funding. The round came from StarVest Partners.
- Bonitasoft, a developer of open source, business process management (BPM) software, raised $11M in a Series B funding round. The round was led by Serena Capital.
- Zetta, the cloud storage service headed by Ali Jenab, raised $9M more in a third round of funding. Zetta said the funding came from its existing investors, Foundation Capital and Sigma Partners.
- Apsalar, a developer of mobile analytics and behavioral targeting software for iPhone and Android apps, scored $5M in a Series A funding.
- Red Robot Labs raised $8.5M in a funding round. The round was led by Benchmark Capital.
- Pixim, a developer of digital video capture chipsets which use light-sensing technology to capture more of the information in photos, scored $5.2M more in funding.
- ShopTap.com, a stealth mode startup headed by Tim Weingarten, raised $525,000 in a funding round, part of a $2.0M fundraising effort by the company.
- Mertado secured $2.3M in a funding round. The firm develops social shopping services around home and kitchen products. The round included new investor Rustic Canyon.
- InMobi, the mobile ad network, scored a huge, $200M investment. According to InMobi, the new funding comes from SOFTBANK Corp,.
- SaveUp, a firm developing a rewards program to encourage people to save money and pay down debt, raised $2M in a seed funding round. The round came from BlueRun Ventures and True Ventures.
- Alphabet Energy, a developer of thermoelectric materials used for waste-heat recovery, raised $12M in a Series A funding round. The round was led by TPG Biotech.
"Get free updates"