Facebook’s f8 developer conference is two days away. f8 is for developers, entrepreneurs and innovators building a more social web by defining tomorrow’s websites, apps and devices. f8 will be held on Thursday, September 22, 2011 at The Concourse at San Francisco Design Center at 635 8th Street in San Francisco, California. Early indications are that there will be major announcements at the conference.
The following are what you can expect at the f8 conference on September 22nd.
- A new platform for media companies to connect to the social graph
- Spotify CEO Daniel Ek will be speaking on a panel called ‘The Future of Digital Music’
- “Social Gaming” panel includes Zynga’s Chief Business Officer Owen Van Natta and Disney Interactive co-president John Pleasants, as well as speakers from EA and Kabam.
- A major redesign of Facebook user profiles
- The launch of a music and media platform
- Expect more than just video and music services
- Facebook is assumed to be partnering with large online publishers like Yahoo, CNN, the Washington Post and The Daily.
- Facebook platform will be merging with several online video hosting sites
- Facebook Music is coming with companies like Spotify AB and Rdio Inc. publish user activity on Facebook pages.
- Everything you need to know about Facebook’s new products & technologies
- Engineers and entrepreneurs share their best practices and strategies for building great social apps
Expect an intense and competitive social network war after f8. Google+ was opened to all today and over five new features added. Google promises more for mobile users.