The long awaited Google Maps for iPhone is now live in the App Store. Google has just launched its most anticipated Maps app for iOS. Google Maps used to be part of the iPhone experience until Apple decided to remove it as a default app with the launch of iOS 6 in September. But it didn’t work out as planned for Apple. iPhone users were once frustrated with the built-in iOS 6 Maps until today.
You can now get comprehensive, accurate and easy-to-use maps with built-in Google local search, voice guided turn-by-turn navigation, public transit directions, Street View and more. Use Google Maps to discover great places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and reviews from people you trust. Sign in to save your favorite places and quickly access all your past searches and directions from your computer, right on your phone.
* Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
* Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
* Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
* Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
* Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
* Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
* View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
* See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
* View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone. Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.
There’s no iPad-optimized version yet, but you can now download the famous Google Maps for your iPhone again.