- The right way to launch is to have a story. Then try that story out on some early adopters.
- Make a blog and share your knowledge about your industry.
- Get a LaunchRock site to prepare for mainstream
- List your company on Angel List, StartupLi.st, CrunchBase, Listio etc
- Figure out the 10 inflencial bloggers you want to have see your product before you launch and get in touch with them
- Go to events and meet the right people.You can get in touch with some top rank VCs at in your niche and they will get you to the right places
- Dont try to fix yourself on TC or Mashable, once you get the traffic or the investors, Techcrunch or Mashable will write about it.
- Your team should also submit your project to all open listings and forums. This includes Hacker News, Reddit, Convore, Startupli.st, AngelPad, CrunchBase, KillerStartups, StartupWizz etc. Martin Shen
- Make a product that you yourself can’t stop using.
- Make your story compelling then find the people who would be interested in helping you tell that story. Pitch it yourself, be genuine, and be tenacious. Robert Pease
- Learn everything about the target market. The more you understand them, the easier it becomes to predict their behavior.
- Find opportunities to pitch at demo conferences.
"Get free updates"