Flipboard, the popular social magazine mobile app has unveiled significant changes to Flipboard dubbed Flipboard 2.0. Eric Feng, Flipboard’s CTO said of the app update in an interview with Mashable “It’s the most ambitious thing the company has ever done, it’s launching us on a completely different trajectory.”
There is now more and full content for users, including a new partnership with Etsy. When you search, you will instantly get a magazine out of your results. Most importantly, you can now collect and save articles, photos, audio and video by organizing them into beautiful personal magazines.
Flipboard 2.0 features
1. A new, visual Content Guide. Tap the Red Ribbon and you’ll see your own table of contents, all the magazines you’ve created, Notifications and lots of other goodies for you to peruse.
2. Commenting on Flipboard. Inside a story, tap the source’s avatar in the lower left-hand corner, to reveal Flipboard Comments. Draw in other Flipboard users with @mentions.
3. Recommended Reading. In Cover Stories, you’ll find More to Read, a personalized list of things we think you’ll love, drawn from your social interactions.
4. Subsections in partner magazines, newspapers and websites. On the second page of tablet editions, you’ll find new sidebars listing subsections for easier navigation.
5. Fast section switching. Tap the section name at the top of any page to reveal related content and subsections.
6. Optional Facebook Open Graph integration, bringing your Flipboard activity to your Facebook page in more meaningful ways.