There are now millions of educational, productive, business, entertainment and informative iOS and Android apps available for mobile users. The iOS App Store alone reached 40 billion downloads in January 2013. Google Play users had downloaded more than 50 billion apps by July 2013.
Most people have lost track of the best and most downloaded apps their friends are using but you may be using some of the best mobile apps in the world. Greater percentage of smartphone users may have downloaded at least five of the apps listed below.
Whether you’re using the latest Android phone, an iPad, iPhone, Windows Phone or BlackBerry device, we’ve put together some of the most used and best mobile apps for your smartphone or tablet. In no particular order, the 47 most frequently used mobile apps in the world include:
1. Spotify - A new world of free music is just a click away.
2. Grooveshark - Listen to free music online. Internet radio and MP3 streaming.
3. turntable.fm - Connect with your friends for realtime social listening.
4. Flipboard - Your personal social magazine
5. Facebook - Facebook social app has millions of mobile users.
6. Klout - The standard for influence
7. SkyDrive- 7 GB of free cloud storage accessible anywhere
8. Things - Awesome to-do list for Mac/iPhone/iPad.
9. Pocket- Save what you find on the web
10. Yelp- User-generated reviews of bars, restaurants and shops
11. Dropbox–Upload your files onto a ‘cloud’ server and access anywhere
12. Twitter - The official Twitter app is a dominant social sharing tool.
13. Flashlight- turns your phone into a mobile light
14. LinkedIn- Connect with professionals in your industry.
15. HootSuite - Dashboard for teams using Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
16. Scoop.it - Leverage curation to easily build gorgeous magazines.
17. Waze - Become part of a 40 million-strong road news network.
18. SocialTimes.com - Your social media source.
19. Alarm Clock HD - Wake up to your favorite music
20. Temple Run – Run until you can’t run any longer while dodging obstacles.
21. Bump – Share files just by ‘bumping’ the phones/tablets.
22. Instapaper- Use a bookmarklet in your browser to save links to Instapaper
23. Pinterest- Collect and organize the things you love.
24. Snapseed - Photo editor that will help you stand out on the web!
25. Skype- The service that first brought free VoIP calls to millions of desktops
26. Paper.li - Become a publisher and start an online newspaper
27. Google Drive -Keep all of your documents in one place
28. Expensify-Keep track of all your expenses
29. Snapchat- Short photo messaging app
30. Skitch -Add arrows and other shapes, and text annotations to images.
31. Instagram – Photo and short video social sharing
32. Google Currents-turns your iPhone into an innovative magazine
33. TripIt - Automatic travel itinerary and trip planner
34. Vine- Create short videos and share
35. Sprout Social - Social media management, Twitter tools, social CRM
36. Evernote - Remember anything
37. 500px - Share and discover inspiring images
38. airbnb - Vacation rentals, private rooms, sublets by the night
39. Hipmunk - Cool flight and hotel search.
40. Google Maps- Street and route planner for travelers
41. Paper - Ideas begin on paper. Closest thing to sketching on real paper on the iPad
42. RunKeeper - Running app and fitness community
43. YouTube- The world’s biggest video sharing app
44. Foodspotting - Find and recommend dishes, not just restaurants
45. Google+ - Social sharing by Google
46. Whatsapp – Personal real-time messaging
47. Foursquare - Find great places and make the most of your visits
Which mobile apps do you use the most? Let us know in the comments.