The inaugural East Coast semesters of Adeo Ressi’s startup incubator Founder Institute have graduated 25 new companies from the New York and Washington DC classes. The followwing five graduates from the New York City and Washington DC Area Founder Institute Winter 2009 Semesters were announced on TechCrunch today.
- Heliograph provides a simple plug-in that speeds up your web site by as much as 80% by caching larger files, such as images, on servers close to your users around the world.
- CouplesSpark aims to help couples resolve their conflicts through a neutral online voting platform.
- Profitably’s web-based service connects to business applications, such as Quickbooks, and makes recommendations for small business owners to increase revenues and drive down costs.
- Simple.PR allows businesses to distribute information and promotions beyond social media networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- WhatsFun.com is an online and mobile event calendar that makes it easy to find, share, promote and remember local events.