American Express (AXP) has debuted its own mobile payments app, called Serve, that doesn’t even require you to be an American Express customer to use it. All of the technology runs off a separate service from a three-year-old startup called Payfone, which basically turns your phone number into your new credit card number.
You can send and receive money from anywhere in the U.S. with Serve. Whether you’re paying back a friend, giving your child an allowance, or receiving money, it’s an alternative to perform your everyday transactions.
With the Serve app, you can:
• Register for Serve
• Send and receive money from friends and family
• Request money from an individual or group
• Split-the-Bill for group purchases
• Add funds to your Serve account
• Check your balance and manage your subaccounts