Unlike the previous era, which depended heavily on coders and testers to develop a full-fledged website and maintain the same for creating a search engine friendly website, nowadays people are switching to different CMS platforms like WordPress and Joomla to develop their own website from the scratch and maintain it smoothly without taking much help from the developers.
All you need is a dedicated domain and a good hosting plan to get it rolling. But, is that enough to enhance the visibility? Probably no! Simply creating and maintaining a website cannot get you, visitors, as suggested by any major web design company India. There are certain proven rules and strategies, which can easily help your website in improving the ranking and in turn enhancing the visibility.
Improve on-page/off-page SEO optimization
On-page SEO strategies play a crucial role in improving the website ranking. Usually, a focus keyword is used in the content and the title to show to the search engine crawlers what the content is all about. This helps you in reaching out to the users organically.
Install an SEO plugin to implement on-page SEO strategies
If you are just starting out, you may as well use SEO plugins, which are available for free on the WordPress platform and follow the guidelines to enhance your post quality. The popular plugins like Yoast SEO can also help you in improving the readability of the article and guide you through adding the keywords at appropriate places.
Perform keyword research to find the right keyword
If you consider building a search engine friendly website, performing keyword research will help you in boosting the rankings of the site. Without the right keywords in place, no matter how good your content is, it will be lost among the already existing websites, which post similar content. Search for a keyword, which has high search volume but comparatively low competition. If you come across such keywords, use it and get your site growing in the right way.
It is very important to add quality links to your site and disavow any irrelevant incoming links that link your page. If you ignore this aspect, it may lead to a heavy penalty. If you find any such irregularity, report that immediately and keep your site clean.
Regular website auditing can help you fix the errors
Even after following all the on-page and off page SEO tactics religiously for several months, if your site is failing to pull the much-needed traffic, then one of the major reasons for this is because you failed to audit your blog at regular intervals and fix the underlying issues.
Website SEO audit is extremely important for improving the search ranking results. By doing that, you can easily identify which area of your site requires fixing and that can pull in more organic traffic. Here are certain things an SEO company India follows during auditing:
- URL: You must optimize the URL as per the keyword and optimize it according to the search engine so that it can identify what the post is all about.
- Title of the post: It is important to create an engaging title for the post and make it interesting so that you can attract more visitors to the site. Make sure to add the focus keyword in the title to improve visibility.
- Include sub-headings: It is very important to structure the article and add sub-headings wherever necessary so that users can easily understand the topic.
- Add images: Including relevant images to the article can create more engagement. But, it is essential to add title tags to the image so that it is easier to improve the site ranking. Also, do not forget to add the Alt tag to the image to draw more organic traffic through posted images.
- Appropriate meta title and description: The meta title is considered to be one of the major components of SEO ranking due to its frequent appearance in the search engine results page. Also, do not forget to add meta description with relevant information before publishing the post online.
- Anchor text: It is important to interlink the new blog posts and pages within your website by highlighting the main keyword as the anchor text. This is one of the main factors, which help in ranking the site easily.
These tactics, when applied properly, can help you transform your normal website into a search engine friendly website that can ultimately help you in gaining better rankings. Hence, in order to maintain a proper ranking, it is best to audit your site at regular intervals and disavow any low-quality links that are trying to link to your site. This way, you can eventually improve your visibility and ranking organically.