As a business owner, a lot of the decisions you face every day pertains to the growth of your company. Each choice you make can have a significant impact on the future of your enterprise. From operations to marketing, you need to put in time, effort, and money in ensuring only the best for your brand.
One of the ways you can boost sales for your company is to invest in your employees. They are, after all, the ones who will be interacting with customers on your behalf.
Aside from equipping them with the right skills through training and other development programs, here are a few unique ways to invest in them:
1. Feed them healthy snacks
While providing snacks and free-flowing coffee to your employees is something that a lot of companies have done, take it a notch higher by placing a healthy vending machine in the office kitchen. Nutritious snacks are proven to enhance productivity. With nourishing food to munch on, you can keep your team happy with themselves and with how much they get to accomplish in a day.
2. Educate them on personal finance
Most young professionals struggle with their savings. Show them that you care not only for the skills that they contribute to your company but for their financial well-being as well, by teaching them how to manage their finances properly.
One step you can take is to organize programs that educate them on the great ways to invest in 2019 such as:
- Savings Account – This type of account is the most effortless way to invest their money. It enables them to earn interest on the amount they deposited.
- Term Deposits – It operates similarly to a savings account only with the intention of keeping the money with the bank for an extended period. They also cannot easily withdraw the money they deposited before the predetermined time.
- Equities – This investment type refers to stocks or shares. Teaching your employees about the process and connecting them with a broking service can help them decide if this saving method will work for them.
3. Acknowledge their accomplishments
One of the proven strategies to keep employees happy is to appreciate the victories that they achieve. Give employees who exceeded expectations a pat on the back and commend them for their immense contribution to your company.
This is an essential aspect of leadership because each member of your staff is a valuable part of the team. Recognizing exemplary performance and commitment is a way of fostering a healthy work environment, too.
You can appreciate them by:
- Having weekly congratulatory meetings – Choose a day and time in the week to huddle and acknowledge employees who have accomplished a lot for the week. Encourage your team to give and receive a work of appreciation from each other.
- Applaud them on social media – Post photos of your team members whom you want to appreciate on social media. Of course, always ask for their permission before uploading their images.
- Give them extra rest days – Offer extra time-off for staffers who did exceptional work for the month. This way, you give them time to develop their hobbies or go on vacation for some R&R.
4. Develop dynamic leaders
An effective way to build employee loyalty is to invest in their managers and supervisors. If you have dynamic leaders who know how to mentor their teams, you create engaged employees who are enthusiastic about the company and its goals. Competent managers will have a positive impact on the growth of your company.
5. Encourage work-life balance
Work-life balance talks about the ideal concept of spending an equal amount of time for work and personal life. Often, employees get burnt out because they put too much focus and effort into their jobs instead of prioritizing time to develop other aspects of their being, like their hobbies or spending time with their families.
While prioritizing work-life balance may mean discouraging overtime work, balanced employees are more motivated and productive at work. They are also able to handle stress well. This means that you save on the costs of overtime pay and other utilities because they can finish their tasks on time.
Encourage your employees to have better relationships with their family and friends by advocating for work-life balance.
You can only reap the benefits of investing in your employees a few years from now. Inconveniences brought about by policy changes are only temporary. Your teams’ well-being is crucial for your company’s growth. Make sure that the members of your organization are healthy physically, mentally, and emotionally. Keep them engaged and they will be content with their work.