Content marketing is one of the key drivers of brand awareness, customer attraction, sales, and revenue growth. It’s the practice of creating educational, valuable and relevant content with the aim of attracting an audience and turning them into customers.
While traditional methods of marketing like TV ads, billboards and advertising on the radio still work well to generate brand awareness, they are not affordable for many startups.
Content marketing is a more affordable way to market your business using blogging, search engine optimisation tools, newsletters and social media.
We took a thorough analysis of 500 B2B and SaaS companies to better understand how the industry works. The content marketing research was also taken with the aim of understanding the general market outlook and opportunities small businesses can leverage to grow their businesses.
In taking out our research, we focused on the following:
- Content marketing adoption rate among businesses of all sizes
- Effective content marketing strategies
- Fastest growing content marketing methods
- Business content marketing statistics
Below is the summary of our findings:
- Content marketing has proven to be more effective in the generation of leads than traditional outbound marketing.
- In 2020, over 91% of marketers in the B2B content market uses content marketing strategies for leads.
- Content creation is the new trend as more than 60% of companies globally spend more on it.
- Businesses in the B2B industry designate an employee to monitor content creation (70%).
- 72% of businesses say they experience an increase in leads after using the content marketing strategy.
- 80% of B2B marketers spend more on content marketing in 2020 and the number is projected to increase by 2.4% in 2021.
- 92% of businesses see content marketing as an important asset.
More than 60% of companies globally spend
From our finding, I discovered that content creation is the new trend as more than 60% of companies globally spend more on it. How vital is content marketing to B2B businesses today? Most B2B marketers are now using content marketing to achieve their top-of-funnel goals. Content marketing can be used to increase the relationship between businesses and their clients. B2B companies all over the world are getting used to this new trend in the industry.
70% of all businesses use content marketing to generate leads.
- In 2020, 53% of B2B marketers focused on content creation as a form of marketing strategy.
- However, 72% of B2B businesses say using the right content marketing increases leads.
- Content marketing increases leads 4 times than the conservative marketing strategies.
It is important not to be left out as content marketing has come to stay.
73% of marketers point out that brand awareness is a goal when creating content.
- Based on the research carried out on 500 companies, branded content is as effective as traditional marketing. It increases leads by 72%.
- 91% of users are likely to choose popular-brand products.
It is clear that content marketing which includes branding is an integral part of the current market strategies. It has proven to be the most effective since most companies now operate online.
Content Marketing ROI Statistics
Blogging is an important aspect of content marketing. The number of content businesses posts on their blog determine the number of clicks (clients’ interest) which in turn means more sales. In today’s business brand is everything and posting on a blog is very vital in generating traffic.
92% of content marketers and B2B content companies report content (blogging) as a valuable business asset.
- According to our findings, the lack of data is the main problem faced by 27% of businesses when creating their own content.
- Based on statistics I collected, 30% of B2B marketers say the lack of solid content marketing strategy is one of the challenges when creating content.
- Press release when incorporated with content marketing strategy increases leads. 78% of content marketers use this strategy.
The research conducted reveals that 61% of people have made a purchase after reading recommendation from a blog.
- Companies that post on their blogs regularly, daily if possible enjoys 96% traffic more than companies/businesses that do not.
- 15 blog post in a month can increase traffic to businesses by 20%.
- In 2020, it was gathered that the number of internet users that reading blog increase by 78%.
B2B and SaaS Companies that post daily on their blogs are 13 times more efficient in times of Return of Investment.
- In 2020, 87% of US B2B and SaaS businesses invest in content marketing.
- 40% of bloggers say they use ways to analyze the performance of their blog.
Content marketing is the most productive marketing strategy used in 2020. It is profitable and affordable. In the United States and the United Kingdom, Content marketing has been accepted as the main and most effective form of marketing.
The current trend in the B2B marketing industry is the use of a documented content marketing strategy.
In 2020, 89% of B2B marketers use this documented content marketing strategy to attract more clients. This strategy has proven to be effective.
If companies need to improve their ROI, the documented content marketing strategy is effective. It increases B2B company traffic by 89%. However, the number is expected to increase as a result of the impact of COVID-19. On the other hand, companies are beginning to realize the effectiveness of a documented content marketing strategy for their business.
81% of SaaS client/customer read blog posts.
- 70% of SaaS marketers focus on social media as an instrument. They use blog post to attract clients to their social media.
- An estimated number of 50% of people read through blog post to get information.
In 2020, there was a boost in the B2B and SaaS content marketing. This majorly took the form of blog posts. By posting blogs regularly, you become relevance and increase visibility. It is also a way of build trust and credibility.
Video marketing is an aspect of B2B marketing. 64% of B2B marketers use video marketing.
- The number of B2B marketer that uses the services of content writers in 2020 is 64%.
- 60% of B2B marketers use interactive content to increase traffic.
- 30% of marketers prefer to do their marketing themselves.
People get attracted to visible things; that is what they can see. As such video marketing is very important.
Content Strategy Statistics
I analysed the performance of the B2B and SaaS marketing contents and this is their secret for success.
90% of B2B and SaaS marketers depend on content marketing as an important strategy for increasing leads.
- Over 60% of B2B and SaaS marketers use content marketing.
- There was tremendous increase in the visual content usage industry (70%) among B2B marketers.
- Content marketing accounted for over 30% of the total marketing expenses of B2B marketers.
The best way to get to customer/clients is the use of fun and entertaining content. When your contents are attractive and contain lot of suspense, it keeps readers reading.
Top and successful content marketers spend nothing less than 40% of their budget to content marketing.
It is a norm among content marketers to budget at least 25% of their budget to content marketing. However, research reveals that those top marketers that spend 40% or more into content marketing, get more traffic.
In blogging, infographics go a long way. 80% of bloggers testify that the use of infographics increases traffic.
- In 2020, 23% 0f bloggers added to their blogs and it was effective.
- In every 30 to 50 well-crafted blogs, it is expected that the average traffic should increase by an average of 30%.
- The main purpose of content marketing is to create loyalty among customers/clients. As such, statistics proofs that 61% of marketers focus their attention of creating loyalty through content marketing strategy.
Growth in the Content Marketing Industry (Stats.)
The content marketing industry is highly profitable. The industry was massive in 2020. Blogging plays an important part in the industry.
Bloggers who include images in their posts enjoy a 94% higher view-through rate.
- In 2020, about 5 million bloggers post their blogs daily. About 79 million people listen to podcast per month. In the same year, there are about 35 million blogs available online.
- About 50% of customers go through the content before a purchase is made.
- The number of B2B companies that embrace content marketing increased in 2020 by 80%.
- 43% of B2B marketers say posting on blogs is the most important content marketing they produce.
In the past, blogging was a form of a hubby. However, this is not the case anymore as people have monetized their posts and make a living from them. The best post is educational, valuable and actionable.
Based on our research, 80% of marketers post on their blog at least once a day or 4 times a week.
- 2,000 post on WordPress at every minute.
- 80% of marketers focus on short and entertaining post (quality) over quantity.
- 60% 0f content usage comes from organic web searches.
Content marketing is the most effective way of promoting products or services. Most content marketing use key words to capture buyers which has proven effective over time.
It is important to stress that SEO is another important aspect that should not be overlooked. The main ingredients you need to make things work for you are keywords, quality content, web design, user experience, and traffic.
The Different Types of Content Marketing
These are the different options to consider when choosing the types of content marketing strategies:
- Articles – this takes the form of an online post (newspapers, product listing, or magazines)
- YouTube posts – video marketing is the main marketing form here. Although Tik Tok is here to stay
- Podcasts – audio content
- Email marketing
- Social media
- Newsletters and promotions
The research with content marketers shows that video content is the most difficult to create. 76% of markets stresses on how its difficult to get the right content.
As psychologist proves that 15. 65% of humans remember better through visual media.
- The goal of every business is to increase its budget. 76% of businesses use content to achieve this.
- 80% of marketers combine their content marketing strategies with a press release.
- Adults between the age of 35 to 55 are the highest listener of podcasts.
From the research, I discovered that the more visual a content is, the more views it gets. People are drawn to visual content and it is believed to be more memorable.
18% of online users engage with videos from brands.
- 81% of people watch video content every day either through social media platforms or other online means.
- Content marketers get hooked once they try using video contents. 99% of marketers never stop using video content after the first trial.
- Video marketing industry is projected to grow to $25 million by 2022.
From the above statistics, it is paramount to conclude that video content marketing is the future of marketing. Most businesses all over the world are beginning to realise the usefulness of video content marketing.
In recent time, 83% of buyers watch videos per day
In 2019 and 2020, video content has been the most profitable and successful. Marketers all over the globe use video marketing to reach out to a larger client base. Research shows that about 83% of people that watches video contents are young adults between the age of 18 and 34. This set of people watches video content at least once a day.
80% of companies uses email newsletters
When it comes to SEO and content statistics, the top two types of content used by businesses for content marketing are social media content (95%) and blog posts (89%). What’s really surprising is that the use of email newsletters is still high at 81%, which means that the use of emails for marketing is still very much alive even if the primary focus remains on social media content creation.
Social Media Content Marketing Trends
Social media marketing involves the use of Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Tik Tok, Pinterest, and others. There are new platforms springing out that provide businesses with a good opportunity to market their products and services.
Social media provide 95% of Content Used in Content Marketing
According to statistics an average of 3,000 companies are embracing social media content marketing per day which makes up for 95% of the total content created as part of their content marketing strategy.
It is also important to note that 70% of content marketers use paid ads on social media.
- In 2020, YouTube is the most use social media platform. This is followed by Facebook
- In content writing, quality is valued over quantity. This opinion is held by 92% of content marketers.
61% of B2B marketers have increased the frequency of posting on social media.
- Posts on social media are the most popular content marketing for B2B and SaaS companies.
- An average of 700 million people visit Instagram per day.
- 83% of Facebook users visit the platform ones per day.
In summary, it is important to understand that the most effective content for marketers is video and blog posts. Timeless and educational content can attract customers for a very long time. Invest your marketing budget wisely.