Over the years, concentrates have grown in popularity among cannabis enthusiasts. The manner of consuming cannabis via dabbing is worth considering if you want a better level of experience while enjoying high concentrations during a single session.
Dabbing is gaining popularity as a safe and effective way to consume the concentrated form of cannabis. If you have heard about dabbing and are eager to try it, make it a priority to learn about the essential equipment and steps to ensure a great experience.
A Close Look At Dabbing
Dabbing is a step-by-step procedure involving heating and inhaling the cannabis concentrates via an electric dab rig or e-rig. One of the key differences with the dabbing process is that it provides a potent effect. In simple terms, dabbing allows you to enjoy the intake of higher concentrations of cannabidiol (CBD) in a single session. The process isn’t far from smoking a joint, but the equipment you’ll be using for dabbing requires careful thought and a trial-and-error process to get it right.
One of the important considerations in dabbing is the right temperature, typically ranging from 250 to 1000 degrees, which may influence the quality and intensity. With regards to this temperature range, it’s crucial to know about low and high-temperature dabbing.
What Are The Crucial Things You Need For Dabbing?
For starters, you can invest in several crucial attachments to make your water pipe compatible for dabbing or settle for a dab rig instead. Generally, there’s minimal difference in how they work.
The nail can come in different materials such as ceramic, titanium, or quartz and functions as a bowl. It’s the piece you’ll be heating with a blowtorch. A handheld torch is essential to the dabbing process. You need to warm the nail to the right temperature, so investing in a portable model is crucial unless you go for an electric nail.
A dabber or wand, which is glass or metal, comes in handy in transferring concentrates from its container to the nail. It can get messy if you don’t have one since most concentrates have a tacky or sticky texture. A dome or cap might not be one of the essentials, but it’ll depend on the type of nail you’ll use. A dome or carb cap typically rests on top of the nail to hold any vapor and prevent it from escaping before you can inhale.
Lastly, your dabbing experience isn’t complete without the concentrates. If it’s your initial attempt at dabbing, one of the challenges you’re likely to face is selecting from the vast array of concentrates available on the market, such as shatter, oil, live resin, crumble, wax, and crystals.
If you want to dab successfully, you need to invest in a few pieces of equipment to ensure a good start and make the most out of CBD’s health benefits.
A Guide On Dabbing For Beginners
Now that you know the basic things you need for dabbing, you should also be familiar with the process to ensure you’re on the right track. Here are the essential steps when dabbing concentrates:
- Obtain the concentrate you want to try on your first dabbing attempt. Make it a priority to choose a trustworthy dispensary, so you’ll be at ease knowing that you have the right one. Whether you follow a strict budget or are open to investing in top-quality concentrates, ask questions to ensure you’ll get the desired effect.
- Once you have the right concentrate, prepare the dab rig. In most cases, the main safety concern with the rig setup is quality. If you want to ensure a good dabbing experience, go for a top-quality rig and banger since both should be able to endure heat and regular use. If you want to try out electric rigs, they’re suitable for beginners since they’re easy to use, durable, versatile, and require minimal maintenance.
- Utilize a handheld blow torch to heat the nail. Make sure you hold the flame as steady as possible and continue doing so until the nail turns bright red. Position the dome or carb cap over the nail carefully.
- The next is the waiting phase, which involves allowing the nail to cool down before adding the concentrates. In most cases, it should be around 45 seconds to allow the surface temperature to cool down, especially if you have quartz or ceramic nail. For titanium nails, it only takes around 10-20 seconds before dabbing.
- After taking out the amount of concentrate onto the nail using a dabber, hold the pipe or rig and get ready to inhale. Place the concentrate on the heated nail. It would be best to rotate the tip of the dabber on the nail to ensure all the concentrate is exposed to the nail’s surface.
- Inhale sharply as the first vapor of concentrate forms. In case you don’t have a dome but are using a carb cap, you need to position it inside the nail and proceed to inhale.
- Exhale and savor the vapor.
In most cases, you can enjoy a few more hits if there’s remaining CBD concentrate in the nail. Long-time dabbers, especially those with high tolerance levels, will likely go through another round.
Your first dabbing experience should be a good one. If you’re still having second thoughts about trying it, consider these steps as your guide in dabbing concentrates for the first time to ensure you’re doing it right.