When it comes to applying technologies in agriculture, there are several ideas that come in handy for farming. Innovative spraying technology is no doubt one from this list. In fact, no agricultural enterprise can do without the use of fertilizers and protection from pests using a variety of pesticides and herbicides. At the same time, it is not easy to make these events cost-effective.
With the classical methods of applying compounds, the agricultural business faces several challenges at once:
- The cost of fertilizers and herbicides is very high, and losses with standard spraying methods can be high as well, which means that most of the compounds simply go to waste.
- It is necessary to involve the labor force and pay the hours of work of the personnel responsible for fertilization and tillage. And if weather conditions require you to spray outside of normal hours, you’ll pay more.
- Accurate control of cultivated land is an important part of the agricultural business. And for this, modern technologies are especially important.
- Caring for the environment is the cornerstone of agriculture.
Innovation can handle all of these challenges. We decided to learn more about the innovative smart spraying technology from the specialists of Euristiq, which is implementing such solutions for agribusiness.
Main Working Principles of Smart Spraying Technology
What is the essence of a new-gen smart spraying technology? In Euristiq. There are solutions for effectively fighting weeds by using precise spraying technology based on AI and the use of special sensors.
Sensors detect the presence of weeds on the surface and deliver information about them to the processor which analyzes the amount of weeds to mitigate and the number of herbicides required for the task. Then the AI provides the command to the spraying equipment to determine the location that requires the application of herbicides and then it sprays the necessary amount of the compound directly on weeds.
Besides that, smart spraying technology resumes in the automatic determination of the following adjustments.
- The speed of spraying,
- The pressure required for effective dispersion of the liquid,
- The type of nozzle adjustments.
Due to the combination of all these features, the technology works with several benefits you may evaluate as an agricultural business owner.
- It is cost-efficient as it reduces the loss of herbicides.
- It works automatically and that helps to avoid the human factor and mistakes it brings.
- It allows the free hands of a farmer.
- It provides accurate data collection and processing.
Who Will Enjoy the Benefits of Smart Spraying
No doubt that technology is a salvation for farmers and gardeners. But besides that, it can be also effectively used in landscape design, urban environment development, and other areas engaged with crops or gardening.
Why It Is Important to Apply New-Gen Technologies in Agriculture
Besides the cost-efficiency of smart spraying systems that is crucial for businesses, there are other reasons to apply them.
- Due to the lower amount of herbicides used via smart spraying system, it reduces environmental risks.
- The same reason is crucial for lowering human health hazards from extra herbicide application.
- Reducing the need for human labor, especially in hard weather conditions that result in lower salaries paid and higher personnel loyalty.
As you can see, implying automation and smart technologies in AG are gaining popularity. It makes the industry more innovative and provides lots of merits to appreciate by agricultural business owners.